4 Double Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, with 2 Open Plan Living Room Kitchens. Sleeps 8.
This wonderful property set within an acre of private mature tropical gardens is the perfect home away from home. Situated in the village of Thalaramba the house is a short stroll from the sandy bay at Mirissa beach on Sri Lanka’s south coast.
The accommodation is shared between two houses with the main house having been recently fully renovated with a graceful interior design, cool terrazzo cement floors and kitchen counters, colonial period features and wood furnishings made by local craftsman.
The main house is home to three double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and the second property is home to one double bedroom with ensuite bathroom. All bedrooms have king size four poster beds draped in soft mosquito nets, A/C, Ceiling fans, bedside tables and lamps, wall lighting, open wardrobes and jak wood carved shelves.
Both houses have large open plan living rooms with day bed sofas adorned with soft furnishings and fully equipped kitchens. The living rooms in both houses have large bi-folding doors opening onto verandas furnished with easy chairs and loungers with views across the private gardens and pool.
There is free Wifi internet and our house keeper can provide airport transfers. TV is absent here as the emphasis is on relaxing and making the most of the gorgeous tropical surroundings.
Adjacent to the swimming pool is situated a breezy Ambalama (outside eating hut) with table and chairs for 8, where breakfast and evening meals can be served.
➢ One acre of mature tropical gardens
➢ Swimming pool 28ft x 12ft, 7ft deep end and 4ft shallow end
➢ Games box, cricket, badminton and a selection of board games
➢ Wifi 4G, free data package for full internet usage excluding movie downloads
➢ Fully fitted and equipped kitchens x2
➢ Laundry service in house on request, Rs 1,000 per load
➢ Breakfast served daily inclusive within cost
➢ Lunch is self-catering
➢ Evening meals on request from menu provided at additional cost
➢ Airport Transfer at additional cost with house keeper
1. Check In and check out times are flexible if no other guests are booked in or out on the same day as your arrival/departure. If guests are checking out before your arrival or checking in after your stay then check in is 14:00 and check out 11:00. Bags can be kept securely at house if required.
2. Please leave the kitchen clean and tidy after self-catering. Welcome to the tropics, do not leave food exposed otherwise prepare for the insect invasion.
3. No smoking inside the house.
4. Please only dispose of toilet paper down the toilet. Bathrooms are provided with bins. House is not on mains drainage.
5. Wifi 4G is provided at the main house with sufficient data for internet usage but not for downloading movies.
6. Consider the planet;
– Only run A/C in the bedrooms when you are using the room.
– Turn off lights and fans when not needed.
– Help Sri Lanka with its water shortage. Please be considerate when running taps/showers.
7. Respect neighbours keep noise levels down late at night.
8. Children to be supervised around the pool at all times.
9. Bath and pool towels are provided for use at the house and are not for taking off the premises.
10. Payment of final bill for food and laundry to be settled in Rupees cash with house keeper prior to departure.
11. Accidents happen, if anything gets broken please make house keeper aware so we can replace/fix asap.