Dimaha Villa is set in Sri Lankas southern province within close proximity to the islands best known beaches, national parks and tea estates. The villa is located on a village lane outside of ear shot from the main coast road and only 10min walk from Mirissa beach.
Staying at Dimaha Villa you will enjoy the privacy of the house and gardens while feeling a part of the village life and having access to many miles of palm fringed golden sandy beaches.
Mirissa is famous for whale watching and surfing however within close proximity you have have many options for day trips. Head west for the market town of Matara, Dondra head, Tallala and Tangalle beach resorts, yala national park and head East for Weligama bay, Talpe beach, Unawatuna bay and Galle fort.
We recommend a week or more here at Dimaha Villa is required to enjoy and appreciate all there is to offer in the locale. Or for those on a two week holiday perhaps consider one week travelling the cultural triangle and the highlands followed by a week at Dimaha Villa unwinding relaxing and visiting the sights of Sri Lankas Southern Province.
Things to do locally;
- Enjoy the local beaches at Mirissa (10min walk) and Weligama (10min by tuk tuk) both great for swimming, surfing and snorkelling.
- Hit the ocean for scuba diving, deep sea fishing and coastal cruising.
- Take off at 6am with Raja and the Whales and go in search of the beasts from the deep which pass Mirissa Nov-April only).
- Tour a lowland tea estate to see how tea is produced from field to tea pot.
- Visit the UNESCO heritage site of Galle Fort, enjoy the cafes, boutique shops and walk the Fort walls.
- Check the international Cricket schedule for matches at the scenic Galle Stadium.
- Relax in a local spa or have the therapists come to you.
- Visit the city of Matara with its charming Dutch forts and bustling markets.
- Ascend the Dondra head lighthouse and the visit the blow holes on the islands southernmost tip.
- Take a boat safari at Koogala lake and spot birds, wildlife and great scenery.
- Head to Weligama and enjoy the beach lawn, pool and great food at the luxury boutique hotel W15.
- Try to find the small cove of Cape Weligama for great snorkelling.